Saturday, March 19, 2016

Introduction For a New Blog

I never liked the names 'Blog' or 'Blogger', yet here I am late on a Friday night (early on a Saturday morning) with a little Evan Williams and some thoughts.

I've been blogging, without admitting it, for some time now and this will be my fourth active blog. There's a dead one here and there. I will, in the future, invite you to the others. One is sociopolitical with a distinctly traditional Christian Conservative tone. Not the least restrictive as many believe that philosophy is liberating in so many ways. Perhaps that is what we will explore first here, as this will be my rambling, sometimes flighty, sometimes very deep blog.

Yes, that is what I'll/we'll do here . . . if anyone else shows up. The other 3 blogs are on my personal websites, and I hope you'll read them on occasion and share them often. I write what I call essays because the are perhaps more crafted than 'posts' and less researched than 'articles' . . . they are (I hope) well crafted opinion pieces with the facts that come from experience behind them. Yes, I'm the seasoned old fart know-it-all with (hopefully) some measure of humble pie in my diet.

My goals are twofold: the presentation of sound ideas and promotion of my novels. I am not seeking great wealth form the latter as I am well aware that my style and subject matter is not necessarily popular with the general public. I'm a bit old school  . . . an anachronism, and that's just fine. Our world is changing fast. Nevertheless, I feel that these are worthy reads, and I've gathered a few experienced and knowledgeable readers that feel quite the same.

The point is that there are absolutes and things that are good enough to be, even if they aren't. And I have a few in mind that I think should be absolutes in a worthy life that you may want to throw back in my face. Toss gently and respectfully (metaphorically( and we'll get along fine. That is what this blog will be fore: throwing crap at each other gently . . . if anyone shows up.

I have a very basic theory in mind for next time . . . one that will, perhaps, both make sense and rile you  . . . if any of 'you' are there.

For now here are the novels, as stated, the promotion of which is my other goal.

Here is the link to my period series.

Here is the link to my modern, dystopian novel.



No comments:

Post a Comment