Saturday, April 9, 2016

IT'S NOT ALWAYS JUST A CAKE . . . Economic Blackmail Must Not Mold Our Culture

I am not against Boycotts. I am against the Conservative Wimps who cave in to Liberal Boycotting.

Because of the pressure from gay rights advocates (including the Federal Government), large businesses have threatened to not do business within states that try to protect the religious rights of small and large businesses people who fear they will have to break their own moral standards.

It isn't always a simple cake or photograph. I had a small business next to a custom bakery. They were somewhat known for their risque cakes, and they used to have us come over to see the results of some of their orders (even for straight people). I would not have baked those cakes. I am an artist as well as a writer. I am quite sure that I will not paint some of the portraits or custom paintings a gay person or couple, a Satanist, or many other types of people would ask me to paint. Luckily I currently do no custom paintings; and, if I ever do, I will advertise that I am a painter of orthodox oriented Christian oriented art. You can't force a blacksmith to groom your horse or a Jazz band to play in a classical concert. I've written a poem or two for others as well. That will never be a future business service of mine without the orthodox label.

I have never shied away from the boycott of something or someone I did not respect. I'm not telling people to stop boycotting as political tool. I am telling Conservatives to stand up to it when it is a weapon against our values. Conservatives should boycott those who are hurting our nation in our view. You have to stand for something.

Equally strongly and tenaciously Conservatives should resist the tendency to give in to the businesses, Federal Government, and groups who use the boycott technique against them, against their state or town. There are important elements of life and society in play here: courage; morality; true, traditional values; the survival of religious freedom; and one's own dignity and that of your state and Conservative party to have core values and hold on to them.

Society and the marketplace will shake it all out. Conservative and Christian oriented business will accept incentives and move to your town or state. If your town is liberal and your county is more conservative, lure the business to your county and to hell with your nearest town.Standing up to economic pressure, making your local and state leaders do so, and luring like minded companies and organizations to your area will all help define this nation. Region will mean something again. We won't all be trying to be one thing. We won't all be gray , and America will have color and flavor again.

If this leads to regionalism and sectionalism, so be it. If it leads to regional autonomy, so be it as well. Only liberals are trying to make us all the same. We Conservatives are willing to leave them alone if we are left alone. They won't leave us alone. Maybe someday, having local, state, and regional backbone now will have strengthen the nation; or maybe it will divide it. Either would be good for traditional Americans, for theirs would be the strong part after any sort of split. Perhaps it would be good for progressives as well. They would have their own little utopian dictatorial slum.

No comments:

Post a Comment